Sign up by email to receive periodic poetic postings from Alexandra

Monday, July 25, 2016

"Dear Jean Seberg"--a Video Trailer for My New Book of Poems Kiss/Hierarchy

I'm excited to announce that the video book trailer for my new book of poems Kiss/Hierarchy (Rain Mountain Press 2016) is now up on Youtube and viewable for all those interested. This video is my poem, "Dear Jean Seberg," set to to a montage of images connected to this 1960's movie star's uncanny rise to fame. Plucked from a small midwestern town and discovered by the film director Otto Preminger, Jean Seberg found herself playing Joan of Arc at the age of 18, and with only having acted in high school productions before this!

Created by Mark Knox of KnoxWorXMedia, this video is a sensual homage to 1960's film, the at times sultry graininess of black-and-white film, and the New Wave Movement in French Cinema that Jean-Luc Godard spearheaded with others. Seberg's role on Breathless (1960), directed by Godard, was a key part of this New Wave and helped re-ignite her stalled film career at the time (after the commercial failure of Joan of Arc (1957)). A look at the ephemeral nature of fame and at the tenuous, vulnerable beauty of this midwestern film star, the video offers an example of the poems that make up my new collection. If you like slowly-smoked cigarettes, hastily-conceived heists, and unlikely love stories, you might enjoy this video and the film-saturated poems in Kiss/Hierarchy. 



Click the link below to view the video on Youtube.

"Dear Jean Seberg" a Poem by Alexandra van de Kamp

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete