Sign up by email to receive periodic poetic postings from Alexandra

Monday, March 16, 2015

As a recent contributor to the literary journal, 32Poems, I had the opportunity to comment on a fellow poet's piece in that same issue (Vol. 12.2). I had the pleasure of spending some time with Cecily Parks' playful, smart and original "Aubade with Bicycle."

An aubade is a love poem and a song or lament for the morning. Parks is able to weave deftly (and with some humor) all three aspects of the aubade into her taut, musically rich poem. I loved being able to dive more deeply into her piece. My "marginalia" on her poem and the poem itself follow. I hope you enjoy this poetic "ride":http://www.32poems.com/32-poems-blogroll.

Also, you may take a peek at my own poem, "Lost Earring," published in the same issue of 32Poems: "Lost Earring."

No comments:

Post a Comment