Sign up by email to receive periodic poetic postings from Alexandra

Friday, January 3, 2014

Two New Poems in Rose Red Review

I am excited that two of my poems have been recently published in Rose Red Review--a dynamic online journal that offers an array of poetry, fiction, visual art and more. I was first introduced to this journal by Diane Lockward, a wonderful poet, who mentioned it in her lively, extremely informative blog on poetry and daily life called Blogalicious.

So if you feel like dipping into a little poetry today, here are the two poems currently on view (that makes them sound like a pair of shoes or an evening dress in a department store window, doesn't it?) at Rose Red Review. The first poem is called "I've Decided to Write the Greatest Poem in the World" (which, of course, I knew was an impossible task, and I chose this title partly for its absurdity). However, It found it a fun poetic premise or task to take on.

The other poem: "A Scandinavian Hotel in Couplets" was basically given to me in a dream. Consider it a surreal, slightly weird take on the family reunion tradition. But, yes, my subconscious put me into this strange hotel with most (if not all) of my family members--all of us adults now and somewhat grappling with where we were in life. I feel like I merely painted out in words the images I had been surrounded by in this dream. Feel free to visit this "hotel," if you feel like reading a second poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment