Sign up by email to receive periodic poetic postings from Alexandra

Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Chapbook "Dear Jean Seberg" winner of the 2010 Burnside Review Chapbook Contest

I'm very happy to announce that my chapbook, "Dear Jean Seberg," has been chosen by judge Matthew Dickman as the winner of the 2010 Burnside Review Chapbook Contest. Burnside Review is an exciting, clever, eclectic literary journal based in Portland, Oregon, and I am flattered to have been chosen as the winner of their 6th annual chapbook contest. Check out the journal itself and the generous comments Matthew Dickman (a wonderful poet himself) had to say about the chapbook--poised to be released in February 2011. I will keep you updated about the release date for this chapbook in a future post on this website. Currently I am scouting out possible images to use for the cover. For those of you who are not familiar with the intense, brief  life of Jean Seberg, the "midwest cherub" from the sixties, just try to picture the blond pixie in Jean Godard's Breathless--the film that made her famous and the doll of Paris.

1 comment: